Monday, July 17, 2017

Christmas in July at Casual Fridays

It's Christmas in July over at Casual Fridays Challenge This will get everybody going thinking about their Christmas cards early..... maybe?

Here's my card for the challenge. I've made a little lantern card with some SU die cuts Sleigh Ride. I used a rotating color battery operated tea light in my card so I've added a couple of colors. It's really quite pretty with the revolving light. After I thought I was finished I decided to add a few more embossed snowflakes and a rhinestone to the snowflake cutout. The card folds down to a 4.5" x 4.5.
I used a bit of dimensional tape for the sentiment to prop up the back. I added Stickles for snow. The inside of the circle is covered with velum and I used my white pen to randomly add white dots for snowflakes. I used some pressure making the dots so that they look slightly raised.
another color
and the inside

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Love all the white, sure feels like Christmas. Thanks for playing along at Casual Fridays Christmas in July Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card! Love the soft colors! The silver embossing adds so much great interest to your card. Thanks for playing along over at the Casual Fridays Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, love the scene! your card is so soft and snowy... Thanks for joining our Christmas in July here at CASual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete